SC - hypocras question

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Mar 21 19:26:07 PST 1999

In a message dated 3/21/99 7:55:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, phelpsd at gate.net
writes:

<< From the same source in 1302 Petrus de Crescentiis of
 Bologna in his "Liber Commodorum Ruralium" said that the right age for wine
 was neither new (first year) nor old, which according to the "Vintage's"
 author suggests that he preferred one or two year old wine best.  The author
 goes on to state that the majority of critics held that it was better simply
 to wait until fermentation was over and drink up.  "The more northern ( and
 weaker) the wine the more important to drink it quickly."  Further reference
 suggests Burgundy of high quality was drinkable at two years and according
 to the author,  "T >>

Sounds like modern Californian wine producer's phylosophy. I always wondered
where they got their ideas from. Now I know. Thanks. :-)

Ras