OT British Food Meanderings - was Re: SC - Possiblecorned-beefsubstitutes

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Mar 23 06:03:52 PST 1999

snowfire at mail.snet.net wrote:

> "St. Trinians, St Trinians our battle cry
>  St. Trinians, St Trinians will never die!"
>
> Of course the movies were tremendously popular in Britain, if you have the
> requisite warped sense of humour!  The books, and illustrations are perhaps
> not so well known.

I caught one of the movies at some ridiculously early hour of the
morning on PBS once (I forget the exact circumstances but there was some
perfectly logical reason ;  )  )...you haven't lived a full life until
you've caught Alistair Sim in drag at 6AM...this was the same movie that
contained the line, spoken by some Arabian caliph's court eunuchs
trapped in the desert, "Here we are, trapped! Completely cut off!"

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com