SC - salad varieties

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Mar 29 22:22:05 PST 1999

Margarite commented:
>         I personally would like to see salads-tossed-msg, salads-meat-msg,
> salads-veggie-msg salad-fruit-msg for headings. This should break things
> down about the way modern cookbooks do so it would match our preconceined
> ideas.

Thanks for the input. Salads-meat-msg would get around the problem I saw
with cold-meats-msg, and that was how to seperate that from cold cuts
and other such meats perhaps served with sauces. Would a pate' fit into
either of these files or elsewhere? I think right now, the pate's I have
are liver pate's and are in the organ-meats-msg file. Do all pate's have
organ meats in them?

salads-tossed-msg is pretty much what the current salads-msg file is.
Perhaps I will change it.

What would a salads-veggie-msg salad be? Something like coleslaw or
potato salad? What would period equivalents be? We may have discussed
some, but I'm not sure. And I'm not sure where I would have filed them.

The same goes for salad-fruit-msg. Have we discussed any? Although if
we have I'm pretty sure they are in one of my several fruits-?-msg
files.

Thanks for any comments.
   Stefan
- --