SC - Seeking wheat illumination - OOP

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat May 1 09:50:13 PDT 1999

> Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 05:43:12 -0600 (MDT)
> From: Mary Morman <memorman at oldcolo.com>
> Subject: RE: SC - Pigs for Pennsic.
>
> as wanda has already described, there was an incident many years ago ( i
> was there but don't remember the year, maybe pennsic nine or ten ) when
> the horde brought in a pig, butchered it badly, disturbed their neighbors
> for a long ways around, and then didn't even bother to bury the guts,
> attracting swarms of flies and leaving an -awful- mess.
>
> not that any of you would make such a muck of it, i'm just repeating the
> long, long standing pennsic rule - no slaughtering of live animals on
> site.
>
> elaina
I was there too, but I remember a sheep, and the main complaint being
(as there were no witnesses outside of the Tuchuks themselves) that they
had allowed their children to witness the slaughter. Sensibilities being
what they are, the Coopers were asked to ban such activities by the
imaginative and outraged.
- --
Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
- - Companion of the order of the Greenwood Company
http://web.raex.com/~agincort