SC - OT-Restaurant review

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon May 3 07:31:06 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/2/99 8:52:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Balano1 at aol.com
writes:

<< You mention different varieties of ginger-- are all of them edible? Do
 they vary significantly in how they taste? >>

 Good question!  I have only harvested the "edible ginger."  The others have
 wonderful flowers with the most marvelous aromas!!!

  - Anne >>

Galengal is an 'edible' ginger. Alpine ginger is also edible. These along
with your standard 'white' ginger make 3 that I can pick off the top of my
head. Yellow ginger and red ginger come to mind also but , IIRC, they are
alternate terms for standard white ginger and galengal respectively.

Ras