SC -chessboards, was feedback for menu, please!

Butterfield, Margaret msbutterfield at mail.aacc.cc.md.us
Mon May 3 09:47:09 PDT 1999

"Decker, Terry D." wrote:

> > margolh at nortelnetworks.com writes:
> >
> > << The last became a problem about 10:30pm or so when a woman came in
> > looking
> >  for her flatware and bowls.
> >   >>

> > Unless the items  were borrowed by the group to serve a special set of
> > people, their cleaning seems to me to have been the responsibility of
> > their
> > owners. The dish washing crew should NEVER be expected to clean the
> > personal
> > feastgear of the feasters.
> >
> > For the complaining people to be standing around moaning and groaning
> > because
> > someone else had not washed their dishes for them yet is the height of
> > arrogance.
> >
> > Ras
> >
> One of the more pleasant experiences I've had with cleaning personal feast
> gear was at the College of St. Golias in the Outlands.  A table was set up
> outside the feast hall with a trashcan and wash pots and manned by three
> members of the College.  After you had deposited the detritus from your
> plate in the trashcan, the three assisted in a quick clean, rinse and dry.
> This kept people out of the way of the cleanup crew in the kitchen, helped
> clear the feast hall quickly and improved an already excellent event.
>
> Bear

We've often done this at our events, and generally supply large Zip-loc
type pastic bags for people to pack dishes in for washing at home, on
those occasions when, for some reason, it has proven impractical to set
up a public washing station. The bags are a big help in getting things
moving quickly for Saturday-only events.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com