SC - Sekanjabin +

DeeWolff@aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Mon May 3 20:09:45 PDT 1999

THLRenata at aol.com wrote:

> I have a recipe for rose syrup in Stefan's Florilegium -- it's essentially a
> very strong infusion of rose petals, which is then boiled with sugar until it
> thickens.  Is that how sekanjabin syrup is made?
>
> Renata

It moight, Renata, it moight... (please excuse Bugs Bunny dialogue; it's
late and life is a bit odd)

I've never made the stuff, but I gather from what I've seen on this list
that at least one form of sekanjabin is made by infusing mint in sugar
syrup, just as one might for rose syrup, except that the syrup is made
from sugar and vinegar instead of water. Of course such an acid might
have an interesting effect on the color of rose petals and infusions
thereof, so I was wondering if the similarities were greater than were
at first apparent.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy