SC - Subscribe

Tim & Dee timdee at sgi.net
Mon May 3 20:40:56 PDT 1999

Greetings all,

> why would
> anyone here want to participate in this ? What are his reasons for doing
> this
> potentially harmful project?

This came up on my local email list (Lochac) a few days ago.  I asked the
gentle directly as was informed that his purpose was not related to his SCA
activities at all.

He is in a Scouting (?) group which indulges in eating horrid things for
machismo purposes.  He did give it a name but I can't remember it.
Basically he thought bad period food would be better than the dogfood
sandwiches they usually have.

<Sigh>

The sad part is that some members of the Lochac list this actually dredged
up memories of bad food they have had over the years.

The ironic part is when the recipes were described a friend of mine
immediately started figuring how to tweak the amounts of ingredients to make
it palatable and I started looking at whether the ingreds were known
associated in such a dish during our "period".  I.e. he was thinking bad
cooks and I was thinking bad recipe.

Hope this helps.

Meliora.