SC - Citron and Potato

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon May 3 22:38:05 PDT 1999

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain said:
> Several years ago, I bought a booklet entitled "The Best of 'A Watched
> Pot'" at Pennsic.  One of the best simple subtleties I ever did at a feast
> came out of that booklet -- fake cattails made from bamboo skewers
> and scallions and little smoked sausages.  I stuck several cattails into
> half a Granny Smith apple, and set them on a platter beside a roast
> duck.  My lord, who was directing the servers, reported that several
> tables were delighted when they belatedly realized that what they had
> taken to be merely decorative was in fact, edible.

Interesting. But I'm not sure how you were using the scallions? Maybe
I'm not quite sure what a scallion looks like. It looks like a large
green onion, right? Also I think of those sausages as being rather
smooth and shiney on the outside whereas cattails are fuzzy? Is this
not a problem in this case or am I missing something?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****