SC - illusion food - cattails

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Tue May 4 05:09:54 PDT 1999

Badger wrote:

> Stefan li Rous wrote:
>
> > Interesting. But I'm not sure how you were using the scallions? Maybe
> > I'm not quite sure what a scallion looks like. It looks like a large
> > green onion, right? Also I think of those sausages as being rather
> > smooth and shiney on the outside whereas cattails are fuzzy? Is this
> > not a problem in this case or am I missing something?
> >
> > --
> > Lord Stefan li Rous
>
> It would have seemed that the feasters had recogonized what the skewered
> sausages were suppose to be. I didn't think illusion foods had to be so perfect
> that you couldn't tell it from the real item.
>
> Badger

I assume the wooden skewer goes through the scallion and through the
sausage, so it is invisible, and you can use more scallion to cover the
other end of the skewer too. As for its effectiveness as an illusion, I
can only say the, uh, um, romantic lighting of most feast halls, and a
_small_ willful suspension of disbelief, probably make it a pretty good illusion.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com