SC - Wheat illumination - OOP

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Tue May 4 10:13:18 PDT 1999

> > Last year was only the second time we have done this.  Its meant to be a
> > small baronial thing, but we had lots of very welcome outsiders.
>Someone was
> > heard to say "I didn't know cooking was a spectator sport."
>
>Good heavens! If it weren't a spectator sport, why would people watch it
>on television???
>
>Adamantius
>--
>Phil & Susan Troy

Several years ago, on the BBC, was a cooking game show that was run along
the lines of a siege cooking contest. Two guest celebrities each had a
kitchen stocked with a certain amount of staples.  There was a star-struck
contestant assigned to each celebrity.  Somebody (the host?) chose odd
ingredients from a pile of perishables--each team got the same items. The
celebrity and contestants then had to come up with a meal, and the
contestant of the one judged the best got fabulous prizes.

If we all start asking our local PBS stations, maybe they'd buy this in
syndication???  ;-)

Bonne