SC - Age was [colleges] Period recipes

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue May 4 10:32:18 PDT 1999

		Lady Bebhinn said:
		Thank you very much.  It was indeed too wet.  and I made
another error
		(Please don't laugh) I was using regular granular sugar.  I
didn't realize
		that it was powdered until I had already made quite a mess.
Thank you for
		the other suggestions.  They are a great deal of help for a
project that i
		will NEVER attempt again!  :>

Oh no, don't be discouraged! I made exactly the same mistake the first time
I tried sugar plate - and I must admit to having been greatly disappointed
when the next batch came out like fine porcelain rather than clear glass
(no, science is not my strong point!). It's one of those things that just
'click' and you think "why was I fretting, it's not so bad after all."
Honestly, it gets easier, and there are just so many things you can do with
it. I'm currently constructing sugar paste crowns for a presentation at
Drachenwald's Coronation in June. I made them in three pieces, and am going
to paint them with saffron and attach glace fruits etc to them. The centres
will be filled with sugar paste dragon's teeth, gingerbrede and biscuit fir
trees, laurel leaves and dragons scales (for the Drachenwald device) and
oakleaves (for TRH Matthew and Anna Blackleaf's devices).
Good luck with the dinner service!
Ciao,
Lucretzia

Lady Lucrezia-Isabella di Freccia   |  mka Tina Nevin
Thamesreach Shire, The Isles, Drachenwald | London, UK
thorngrove at geocities.com | http://www.geocities.com/~thorngrove
"There is no doubt that great leaders prefer hard drinkers to good
versifiers" - Aretino, 1536