SC - spaetzle (was something about wheat)

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 17:44:25 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/4/99 8:28:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time, harper at idt.net
writes:

<< To our modern taste, yes, but there are many medieval recipes which
 add sweetening to things we would find unusual. >>

Agreed, with reservations regarding the amounts of sugar some folks add as
opposed to the amount usually  shown in household records. But you are indeed
correct that the white potato could be meant. Even today there are candy
recipes which are based on mashed white potatoes.

Ras