SC - Cookies

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Tue May 4 08:29:44 PDT 1999

Adamantius answered my questions about the cattails illusion food with:

> I assume the wooden skewer goes through the scallion and through the
> sausage, so it is invisible, and you can use more scallion to cover the
> other end of the skewer too. As for its effectiveness as an illusion, I
> can only say the, uh, um, romantic lighting of most feast halls, and a
> _small_ willful suspension of disbelief, probably make it a pretty good illusion.

Oh! Now I see. Scallions must be thin, strawlike things rather than the
larger, more bulbuous green onions I was thinking of. I was also thinking
the cattails that I had seen had brown stems, at least on top.

This might work under low light conditions. Now to figure out how to
do the lily-pads and the frog. Yes, on a sugar paste lake tinted with
blue. hmmm.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: