SC - illusion food - cattails

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed May 5 03:35:17 PDT 1999

Nancy Santella wrote:

> Accually I thought of using the vinegar ( a mild one ) with the syrup. The
> vinegar add such a refreshing taste. Just enough to be pleasing but not
> overwelm the Rose or Violet.
>
> Anna

A common enough sentiment. I believe the usual thing to do is make the
syrup with vinegar instead of water, then dilute with water when you're
drinking the stuff. This would be open to a fair amount of
interpretation (i.e. easy enough to tailor to your taste) given that
distilled vinegar at a particular level of acidity is a modern concept,
AFAIK. Who's to say you don't have especially strong or weak vinegar? ;  )

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com