SC - Celery, was Citron and Potato)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed May 5 06:11:12 PDT 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/5/99 6:27:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
> writes:
>
> << somewhat less likely, I
>  suspect, could have been transplanted directly by returning Crusaders.
>
>  Adamantius >>
>
> Why do you think this is less likely?
>
> Ras

I think the dishes are more inspired by Middle Eastern ingredients than
by actual Middle Eastern dishes of the period because there sometimes
seems to be no direct counterpart to some of the Anglo-Norman
rice/almond dishes in the Arabic cookery sources. I could be wrong about
this, though.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy