SC - BOUNCBlanc Desire???

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed May 5 09:18:43 PDT 1999

>Okay, ya'll, here's a question for you.
>
>Every year, my Barony throws a party at Lillies>
>1.  It must contain a significant amount of meat   2.  It cannot be a
"prepare it and serve it forth" kind of receipe.  I have to be able to cook
it on Wednesday, latest, and serve it Friday night.  >3.  Being able to
freeze well would be a plus, but not absolutely required.
.
.  And I *want* something period.

>Any suggestions, folks?

My Dearest Fiondel,

    Viaunde of Cypres Ryalle    (chicken in sweet sauce)
from 2  15th century cookery books  1430 - 1450

basically take cooked chicken hunks (bitesized pieces, shredded, or just
parts)
cover them with this sauce:

1 cup wine
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup honye
1/2 tsp each ground cloves, mace and ginger
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup currants

boil wine and sugar together for 10 minutes til thickens and clings to a
spoon.  Add honey spices almonds and currants.  bring to a boil, and allow
to boil (simmer) for another 5 minutes.  pour hot syrup over the chicken.
chill well; serve cold.

will keep for the weekend  -- its a favorite of mine to bring to events

Caointiarn