SC - Blanc Desire???

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu May 6 09:26:59 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/6/99 9:37:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< Genuine allergy
 sufferers (myself, my wife, and my son among them) should assume I'm not
 talking about them.

 Adamantius >>

Vivats! Master.

I take this one step further and  feel that the argument for 'assuming'
allergie prone or vegie, etc. persons NOT attending is just as valid. So I
never prepare a feast with any of those considerations in mind EXCEPT if I
have been contacted in advance (the day of or before an event is NOT in
advance).

The trick.....always provide a varied menu. Rare and unusual allergies such
as those allergic to black pepper cannot be accomodated unless they contact
me in advance. Contacting the Troll or the Autocrat is not an option. If you
have an allergy which is LIFE threatening or a food aversion which cause real
physical distress (as I have) then contact the Kitchen Steward first. If you
just don't like something, then I would suggest you just have never eaten it
prepared in a manner which you found enjoyable. If you're avoiding the food
item on the basis of a single experience or even 2 then you are a food bore
undeserving of consideration and will not be accomodated.

Ras