SC - First topics

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon May 10 08:31:59 PDT 1999

> Seriously, though, Stefan, do cooks and servers in Ansteorra use a
> system other than having to keep track of which table gets three
> servings of each dish, while the others get five, except for the one
> that gets fourteen, and, by the way, Mistress Stickinthemud has moved to
> table eleven to schmooze with Lady Hoopdoodle, and would like her food
> brought there in future courses?
>
> Adamantius

The feast halls I've run tend to be controlled and have tables specifically
set for the feast.  Most Ansteorrans are courteous about making life easy
for the servers, although I have come across some irritating exceptions.
The best approach to the Ansteorran anarchy seems to be establish feast and
non-feast tables -- clearly marked and with a specific number of places --
and let the feasters sort out their tables.

While I will control tables and the number of people at them, I am not about
to position people other than the high table.  If you don't know the
background, it is too easy to cause grevious indigestion by placing sworn
enemies at the same table.

Bear