SC - Words of wisdom

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Mon May 10 10:32:07 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/10/99 10:39:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Seton1355 at aol.com writes:

<< Listening to
 your discription of your kitchen crew & the workings of your kitchen, makes
 me wish I had been fortunate enough to be there! >>

Thank-you. I would like to share another couple of special moments for me.

One was when I had snuck back to the kitchen to pick up my spices , knives,
and other odds and ends. As I was walking about the emptied kitchen,  A
couple of the guys came back and ordered me out of the kitchen. I protested .
They insisted. A few minutes later I snuck back in and wasn't able to pick up
a dish before a whole group of big fighter types rushed in and removed me
again. I was not allowed back in. I was told by another person that they had
so many helpers for clean-up that there was actually a waiting line to help.
Clean up took about half an hour or so i was told.

Puck insisted that I sit down and taste my feast so I unwillingly went out
and took a small spoonful of each thing and put it into my bowl. After the
first few bites I was not very hungry but as I looked around at the happy
faces, I was able to experience the Dream for a few moments. Along with that
fleeting experience , the awe of eating  food from recipes that had not been
served in 773 yrs. was mind blowing. You see, as usual I had not previously
tested any of the recipes so I , along with the folks eating, was tasting the
finished recipes for the first time. :-) The amazing thing was that after 15
yrs. this was the first time I had ever eaten my own feast. Several people
commented on it.

That's all for now. Maybe I can post about the pitfalls, snafus and other
bugaboos in a couple of days. ;-)

Ras