SC - Words of wisdom

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Mon May 10 22:08:56 PDT 1999

Raoghnailt Marie Béatrix de la Barbe mentioned:
> My first feast was for an Artemisian Collegium.  The feast was served at a
> site with no kitchen so all cooking was done off-site.  The autocrat had
> made no plans for transporting food to site.  It was an interesting time.

I would love to hear the story of this and how you managed to accomplish
the transport when you realized you were going to have a problem. I think
this would be an excellant example of "things that can go wrong and how
to handle them" for my fst-disasters-msg file in the Florilegium.

I am curious why it was assumed this falls within the responsiblity of
the site steward. My thought would be that it would be the responsiblity
of the headcook, although open to negotiation. It is for exactly these kinds
of things that I like to hold pre-event meetings with all my sub-autocrats
before an event. I'd like everyone to be aware of what everyone else is
doing and not doing, so that hopefully things like this don't fall
"between the cracks".
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: