SC - OED - was: gelatinous properties, was chessboards

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue May 11 06:54:48 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/11/99 9:05:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
whutchis at bucknell.edu writes:

<< This is just not true!
 Walk into the Bucknell Library, go up to the ASK desk, and ask where
 the OED is, and a very helpful librarian will direct you to the
 weighty tomes.   >>

<sigh> I was referring to on-line sources of the OED NOT those available from
walkin libraries. And having just tried to access the on-line version of the
OED at Bucknell and several other university libraries, I can assure you it
is true. If you do not enter a name and/or  password you are denied on-line
access. This true for all universities  archiving the on-line OED.

Ras