SC - subtelety HELP!! (florilegium)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue May 11 21:57:23 PDT 1999

Aelfwyn said:
> rjsp at phosphor-ink.com writes:
> << (we slice, we dice, we fricassee... but we do not do
>  dishes<g>) >>
> The East Kingdom List has been running a thread all about making personal and
> household mottos; I think Cait may have just given me the one for me. Can
> anybody say the above quote in Latin, or German?

I'm afraid I can't help with that particular translation but those looking
for examples of various mottoes and their translations into Latin might
want to take a look at this file in the HERALDRY section of my Florilegium.
mottoes-msg      (140K)  4/30/99    Latin mottoes for SCA use.

Most of these were translated by Mistress Gunnora Hallakarva. Often when
Gunnora does such a translation she gives a mini-tutorial about why she
picked certain words and verb conjugations and such. Those wanting to
learn some Latin might do well to look at this file for this reason alone.

For this particular translation, Awlfwyn, you might try contacting her
directly at: gunnora at bga.com. Also, please feel free to forward this
message to the East Kingdom list if you think the folks there would
find it useful.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: