SC - online OED troubles

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue May 11 23:35:15 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/11/99 10:22:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu writes:

<< If your onion person could
 tolerate the juice, good. But never never assume that what works for
 one... Nothing on you Ras, but I just don't want anyone running off and
 trying the same without asking first.

 'Lainie >>

I don't. :-) My main advice here is that there is no possible excuse for
changing a period recipe to suit special needs. Find a recipe that suits the
need. Once the recipe has changed from the original even a single iota it is
no longer able to be called 'period'. It is a personal recipe. And, I can
think of no excuse which is valid for doing so other than laziness on the
part of the Kitchen Steward,.

Ras