SC - "personal recipies"

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed May 12 14:34:20 PDT 1999

><< To our modern taste, yes, but there are many medieval recipes which
>  add sweetening to things we would find unusual. >>
>
>Agreed, with reservations regarding the amounts of sugar some folks add as
>opposed to the amount usually  shown in household records. But you are
>indeed
>correct that the white potato could be meant. Even today there are candy
>recipes which are based on mashed white potatoes.
>
>Ras

I have one for a choclate "truffle" which I once used to take the prize in a
"best secret ingredient" cooking contest.  The surprising part was the
number of people who ate the candy, and liked it, then made horrible faces
and changed their opinion after hearing what the secret ingredient was!

Bonne