SC - "personal recipies"

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed May 12 15:37:52 PDT 1999

Ras replied to my question with:
> << Ras, if you could get that OED online access again but at a fee, say
>  25 cents per access, would you then be happy? Or would they have to
>  get it for free?
>
>  Stefan (who can be just as opinionated as some folks here)
>  --  >>
>
> Actually, I don't personally have  to worry about that.AOL  uses the OED
> whenever you look up a word in the 'Dictionary' section. :-)

Ok, so this disappearing free access to the OED doesn't affect you directly.
But you had what seemed to be a severe philosophical differance with them
over it.

I would still be interested in knowing if there was a pay per use type
access arrangement to the OED, would that satisfy your philosophical
differances with them?

Thanks.
  Stefan
- --