SC - "personal recipies"

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Thu May 13 15:21:46 PDT 1999

Greetings all,

In a recent set of menu and recipes, one gentle included:

> Bread with Chive Butter and Raspberry Butter

Although this sounds really delicious, does anyone actually have recipes or
references to medieval/renaissance cooks flavoring butters in this manner?

I am not trying to "pick on" this gentle - in fact I see this semi-regularly
in menus, but it doesn't seem to be done here in Lochac - so I wondered why
not?  Or am I just missing the right feasts and not looking in the right
period sources?

Thanks and regards
Mel
PS Please ignore the above if it is incoherent - I'm at work with the flu.