SC - test--disteguard

William Seibert a14h at zebra.net
Thu May 13 16:19:12 PDT 1999

Most humorous Lord Frederich ;-)

I thank you for your funny this late on a very LONG Thursday.

I am one of the Native German speakers on this list, and (though I have
looked at and started on it) with it being the end of the school year have
not finished the German Glossary so kindly provided by Allyson (though I
should be able to get her something in about a week.)
You  were the one (I think) requesting the translation into German, so here
it is:

Someone (sorry, cant seem to find the post) wrote" We slice, we dice, we
fricassee (SP?) but we don't do dishes!"

The sounds pretty way
"Wir schneiden, wir wu:rfeln, wir fricassieren, aber abwashen tun wir
nicht!"
(this is not quite gramatically correct, fricassieren is not a real word,
but the gyst is there; also the verb wu:rfeln is used to describe the
action of rolling dice (as in for Yatzee) so could imply gaming. You might
substitute wir hacken (we chop)

The more correct, but sounds less fun way:
"Wir schneiden scheiben, wir schneiden wu:rfel, wir kochen Fricassee, aber
abwaschen tun wir nicht."
(this specifies we cut slices, we cut dice, we cook fricassee...)

Have fun with it, and I will read your comments tomorrow.
As for the requested German cooking class, I would love to (though I would
base it on Marx Rumpolt - the early modern cook); I will see if I can
arrange one at the next Outlands A&S collegium, if you will be there.

Gwen-Cat
Caerthe