SC - "personal recipies" (long)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri May 14 05:16:59 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/13/99 11:10:45 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
SigridPW at aol.com writes:

<<
 Really?  How do you manage to cook for large groups of people without
 mechanization?  No gas stove or electricity? <<

Fire pits

 >>No refrigeration?<<

Freshly bought or killed or picked ingredients

>>No mixers?  <<

Wooden spoons, mortar and pestle

>> I've done it (when camping), too, but not when there was a "modern"
kitchen
 to be had!  :o)

I often cook period recipes in a modern setting, as well, but your first post
suggested that none of us had ever tried to use period methods.  Your
condemnation of Ras's statements was as big a blanket statement as his.

Mordonna