SC - Sources, not sauces the Documentation and Subjective vs. Objective Judging

Sun May 16 21:08:49 PDT 1999

Eleanor d'Aubrecicourt asked about finger foods for a school demo:

> I just found out that our shire is going to be doing a demo this Wednesday
> evening for a middle school.  If possible, I would like to make some kind of
> easily prepared and ported finger food for the kids. ...
> I was thinking some kind of
> wafer/individual cake/cookie/tart thing.  Any ideas?

Perhaps some of the foods mentioned in this file in the FOOD section of
my Florilegium:
finger-foods-msg  (21K) 12/ 3/98    Ideas for finger foods at feasts and events.

If some of these are too "wierd" for the kids (although sometimes for the kids
that is the greatest draw) then perhaps some of the items in here:
cookies-msg       (40K)  9/21/98    Period cookies. Recipes.
gingerbread-msg   (31K) 10/28/97    Medieval gingerbread. Recipes.

I don't know how expensive or difficult medieval gingerbread would be,
but modern gingerbread is something the kids have had or have heard
about in nursery rhymes and such.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: