Non-period feasts (was Re: SC - First topics)

kat kat at kagan.com
Mon May 17 11:22:45 PDT 1999

Hi!
	I was reading through my copy of the Spanish Jewish Cookbook
and was absolutely amazed!  For those who have been cooking medieval
feasts for a while, this I think is a must get!  For others who are getting
started
and are midway into medieval cooking, this is a fantastic book for explaining
the "pre" recipe info.  They have in the first chapter about the foods they
used
and where they came from who might have used them to influence these people
to use that kind of food, AND!  if it was upper or middle or lower class
type of people
who might have eaten this!  The recipes info has where and when it was gotten.

	I absolutely love it!  and will be doing a whole remove at our June
12th event
this summer!  I can't wait to see how they turn out!  :-)

Thanks for letting me ramble.

THL Catalina Alvarez

ps the other great thing about the book, is that it has unknowingly helped me
really hone in my persona!  I had no idea that I would find my name in this
book,
and that one of the "relatives" of my name was a spice merchant!
It is very cool!  :-)))