SC -Primary source

Stapleton, Jeanne jstaplet at mail.law.du.edu
Mon May 17 12:39:44 PDT 1999

Forgive me if this has already been answered...

Browning, Susan W. writes:

> I just found out that our shire is going to be doing a demo this
Wednesday
> evening for a middle school.  If possible, I would like to make some kind
of
> easily prepared and ported finger food for the kids.

Whenever I do a demo for kids I always make them Digby cakes (the
almost-shortbread currant cookies from Kenelm Digby that he calls "fine
cakes").  Any other kind of jumbals would work just as well.  Then I tell
them that these are among the earliest recipes we have for cookies and
explain a little bit about historic cooking.  I don't know if they actually
pay attention to the history lesson or not, but they always love the
cookies...  ;-)

	- kat