Doumentation was SC - Sources, not sauces the Documentation

lilinah@grin.net lilinah at grin.net
Mon May 17 16:36:54 PDT 1999

Stefan wrote:
>In the meantime, if you have more of these wonderful bits of info on the
>history of Icelandic foods please feel free to send them to the list. Or
>if you have some articles, I would love to have them for the Florilegium.

I´ve already explained in a separate post why I´m not considering a
translation of my book. Articles written for publication in English are a
whole different matter, and I will send you something soon - a few sections
from my book at least - and as I plan to write at least a couple of articles
about Icelandic food history in the near future (for an Icelandic mailing
list), I´ll probably translate them into English as well.

Should I send this material to you directly, or to the list?

>Huh? I got both of these ok and I use only Macintoshes. I think it is the
>list digestifier that is having problems. It also doesn't seem to know
>what to do with the single character fraction symbols, for example 1/2
>done as a single character.

Do you also get the letters Þ, þ, Ð and ð? If you do, you probably have
installed an Icelandic/Old English font on your Mac; most standard Macintosh
fonts do not include these characters. Most PC fonts do.

Nanna