SC - A midsummer nights feast(OOP- slightly)

LordVoldai@aol.com LordVoldai at aol.com
Tue May 18 20:03:58 PDT 1999

Here is a redaction that I did from Epulario for migliacio, which is
basically a ricotta cheesecake.  Unfortunately, I cannot find my copy of
Epulario, so I cannot post the original recipe for comparison.  Perhaps
some other gentle could oblige?

Migliacio (Ricotta Cheesecake)

2 lb. whole milk ricotta
1 c sugar
1/2 c flour
4 egg whites
butter or margarine
1 TBS orange zest

	Preheat oven to 350.
	Grease a 9" round or 8" square cake pan.  Beat
ricotta and sugar together until creamy.  Beat in
flour until smooth.
	In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff
but not dry.  They will have soft peaks that droop
slightly.  Fold into cheese mixture.
	Pour mixture into cake pan.  Bake approx. 1 hour
or until cake has puffed and trembles just slightly
when shaken.  A toothpick inserted in center will
come out almost clean, with just a trace of batter.
 DO NOT OVERBAKE.  Don't worry about cracks on top.
	Remove cake from oven.  Cool on a rack to room
temperature, then chill for several hours.

Brighid
Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann