SC - German Cooking

Kappler, MMC Richard A. KAPPLERR at swos.navy.mil
Wed May 19 06:35:25 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/19/99 8:19:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
oftraquair at hotmail.com writes:

<<  Since no period "piece" or recipe is truly completely known,  >>

I enjoyed your post. It was well thought out  and informative. I would like
to point out that the above staement is not entirely correct. The Baghdad
Cookery Book (1226 C.E.) contians a great many resipies listing specific
ingredients and the AMOUNTS of each to be used as well as the procedures for
cooking the dish and presenting it.

Ras