SC - Re: German Food

MAGGIE SECARA SECARAM at mainsaver.com
Wed May 19 10:22:07 PDT 1999

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 18-May-99 Re: stuffed grape
leaves (w.. by LordVoldai at aol.com
> YES!!! soak the leaves to romove the brine

Oh blah!  Don't do that -- the briny taste adds a really nice accent to
the grape leaves.

toodles, margaret

	Count me as someone else who would like to remind
	everyone that "too salty" is a matter of *personal*
	taste.  Anything someone says is "too salty" is
	likely to have me running to try is, as a bonafide
	sodium chloridaholic.

	This soaking could explain why i've had some really
	bland (and therefore to me inedible) dolmades at
	feasts, and really flavorful ones at Greek restau-
	rants...

Berengaria