SC - Antibacterials

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Wed May 19 16:00:35 PDT 1999

At 11:45 AM -0700 5/19/99, Schumacher, Deborah (AZ15) wrote:
>Thanks for the suggestion about the Grape leaves, and Hummus etc. I'll admit
>it sounds good, but is it period?

I have not found any period recipes for Hummus bi Tahini, the spread often
called "Hummus" (the literal meaning if "hummus" is "chickpeas," and they
are used in period islamic cooking). You might look at the Badinjan Muhassa
recipe in the _Miscellany_; it is a favorite period spread of mine.

So far nobody has offered evidence that any stuffed grape leaves are
period, although there seems to be a slightly out of period reference to
them--recipe so far unknown (i.e. hasn't been posted; I assume someone
knows it).

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/