SC - Reaching out to touch friends - OP

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Thu May 20 17:27:20 PDT 1999

- -Poster <Snowfire at mail.snet.net>

>Has anyone been to Stirbridge Village in Massachusettes?  If so, dod
you like
>it and was it worth the time & enterence fee?
>Thanks so much!

M'lady,

I have indeed been to Sturbridge - twice.  The entrance fee was steep
for what it was for I thought (don't remember what it was now - sorry).
It was interesting if you've never had any exposure to what life would
be like in a Colonial village in the 1830s. All the buildings are
replicas, but they do have people as guides who are doing things that
would be done in that period throughout the day, including one lady
making a cake on the fire in one house.  They have some historical
artifacts, and a good gift shop.  I thought it was worth the time.  But
then again I like colonial stuff, and only live in CT - not too far
away.

Hope this helps :-)

Elysant
P.S. If you want any more details please let me know.