Lettuce (was Re: SC - Citron and Potato)

Laura lshumar at netdirect.net
Thu May 20 21:27:43 PDT 1999

Karin,

For your duck, although ducks have less meat than chickens, I suggest 1/4
per person, as there is so much other food.  Same for rabbit.  This
proportion has worked well for me.  Plums are wonderful with duck--a plum
tart, which you can find in numerous versions, is available from Sabina
Welserin's Kochbuch, on the web.  Get to it by:

http://www.best.com/~ddfr/Medieval/Cookbooks/Sabrina_Welserin.html

I usually stuff the ducks lightly, and add a plum sauce made with honey
and cinnamon and a pinch of ginger, and a bit of lemon juice to keep the
color clear.

Peas and carrots are mundane and boring.  Get lots of different greens
and chop, parboil, cook in almond milk, or good broth.  All the cook
books have recipes for greens' mixtures.  I'm sure there are some in the
Miscelleny:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/miscellany.html

Regards,

Allison