SC - Potluck part two....

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri May 21 14:32:59 PDT 1999

>Hi Bonne:
>          Do you know about Noah's food co-op in Raliegh ?

Heard of it, went there years ago and wasn't much impressed with it compared
to the my Durham choices of Fowlers or Wellspring(which at that time was not
yet owned by the national chain Whole Foods).  We also have "The People's
Intergalactic Food Conspiracy" otherwise known as the Durham Food Co-op,
though about 5 years ago they decided that the social work side was more
important than the food side--moved into an iffy section of town and started
selling a lot more items that weren't  as healthy/organic etc.  But, they
provide an alternative for the non-car owning folks in that neighborhood who
previously had one store with terrible choice and terrible prices gouging
them.

>     FABCIC! Ninety Six Fabric makes some effort to serve
>re-enactors: it even stocks some period patterns,buttons,trim,
>feast gear etc. the SCA groups from Augusta,Ga and Greenville,SC
>regularly make field trips here . . .

Is this something I could easily get to whilst travelling down I-95 to my
parent's in Jacksonville?