SC - About Leeks

snowfire@mail.snet.net snowfire at mail.snet.net
Tue May 25 17:45:55 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/25/99 9:14:31 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
Deborah.Schumacher at iac.honeywell.com writes:

<< What it has stemmed from is the fact that when we look over event
 listings I look at the upcoming feasts and am surprised by the lack of
 effort towards periodness. Perhaps it's just me,  perhaps it's where I am or
 perhaps I'm just looking at the wrong menus.

 	When Fighters improve their armor, they aren't referred to as
 Authenticity Mavens,  when a dancer  researches period dances they aren't
 referred to as Compulsively Authentic,  but when  a cook researches food
 they are? Am I out in left field on this one?

I think the question here is: are they calling me an Authenticity Cop because
I research what I do, or are they calling me an Authenticity Cop because I
criticize others who don't do as much research?  I had this point driven home
to me by my Household at Coronation.  After all, if I were a fighter who
meticulously researched my Arms and Armour, and someone else was a better
fighter wearing Kydex armour, he'd be King, and I'd still be fighting.

Zoe, I too missed the Lusty Month of May.  But I hope I'll see you soon at an
event.  Do you ever come out to SunDragon fighter practice?

Mordonna
SunDragon
Atenveldt