SC - Pot Luck Part two....

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 09:58:45 PDT 1999

>[Mel here--bear in mind that there is a difference between coersion and
>a good debate!]
>
>that a very important part of the SCA experience is ambiance.
>
>If we are eating "period" food from Correllware there is something
>amiss.  If we are eating mashed potatoes from wooden trenchers IMO there
>is less amiss.

Now see, I'm the otherway around.  A plate is a plate is a plate to me, but
I can't pretend that obviously OOP food isn't what it is.  Though I do have
a pretty low threshold of "period enough" and if the mashed potatoes seem to
be served just to fill an empty spot in a meal that otherwise involves some
effort at period cooking, I can live with that.

Bonne