SC - SCA Distilling -OT

Schumacher, Deborah (AZ15) Deborah.Schumacher at iac.honeywell.com
Thu May 27 11:41:40 PDT 1999

>I think the question here is: are they calling me an Authenticity Cop
>because
>I research what I do, or are they calling me an Authenticity Cop because I
>criticize others who don't do as much research?

Spreading knowledge, building an expectation of period food, leading by
example, is good.  Being critical of those not cooking period enough for
your tastes is bad. Most not very period cooks are new, cooking for a crowd
and being kind of historically correct is pretty good, and should be
encouraged and not discouraged by criticism over periodness.  Get them in
the kitchen, then teach them to cook.

(Feel free, on the other hand, not to support a cook who insists on
beleiving the old stereotypes and won't research and won't try.  not
supporting means don't eat feast.  It's still rude to criticize.)

Bonne