SC - Re: sca-cooks food fights

Morgan morgan at lewistown.net
Mon May 31 08:46:15 PDT 1999

hi all from Anne-Marie

re: food fights

here in An Tir, we have "civilized food fights". leagues of minions are
enlisted and small bits of food are presented to the assualtee on small
dishes, with attendant descriptions..."your grace...this was just lobbed at
you and appears to have stuck on the points of your coronet. Shall I wait
for a reply?"

often the "ammunition" becomes more and more elaborate as the foodstuffs
are ornamented and added to. My favorite was the viking boat made out of a
?carrot? (cant remember), complete with little shields and oarsmen and a
sail. When sent to "hit" someone, it came back, being attacked by a giant
squid made out of green beans.

And then there was the anatomically correct snowman made out of cheap
squishy white bread...(OK, he started out as just a snowman, but his pudgy
little face looked like her ex-husband....what was a girl to do?)

Most of the peers I know carry small dishes, plates and bowls with them for
exactly this purpose. Boredom may indeed be a reason for this, but no food
is thrown, and there is no cleanup (if I caught anyone actually pitching
food I think I'd have to hurt them. not only does it waste food, but
there's usually a damage deposit to the tune of several hundred dollars on
our rental sites here). Usually the foodstuffs used are the wastel, ie
scraps that would have been thrown out.

Y'all should give it a try!

- --AM