SC - Feast and A&S Competitions (florilegium)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat May 1 23:32:59 PDT 1999

Ruadh asked:
> That being said, however, I am starting to think in terms of A&S
> Competitions.  I have judged one, and got some good ideas from it about what
> to do (and what NOT to do - like garnishing with poisonous flowers or
> serving ANY kind of Pea Soup cold) but am seriously thinking about entering
> one in about 3 weeks.   It will be held at a weekend camping event, so my
> access to my fancy cooking stuff will be severely limited (although that may
> be for the best).
>
> Anyway, I'd love some advice from those more experienced with these kinds of
> competitions on what types of recipes present well under the circumstances!

I remember food displays for A&S competitions being discussed either here or
on the SCA-Arts lists. You might check this file in the CELEBRATIONS AND
EVENTS section of my Florilegium:
AS-food-msg       (23K)  9/24/98    Displaying food items at A&S events.

Although not specific to food, these files also might be of interest:
5x8-Doc-art       (19K)  2/17/99    "5x8 Documentation Is All It Takes: How to

                                       Write Documentation for A&S Entries" by
                                       Gunnora Hallakarva.
AS-cont-docu-msg  (20K)  6/10/98    Documentation suggestions for A&S contests.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****