SC - cordials + Borage

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Mon May 3 12:01:12 PDT 1999

If you have a local farm and garden store try there.  In NY we have places
called Agway, where they have borage seeds. I ordered mine from Shumway
seed company a few years ago, but haven't planted more since.

I also like Pinetree Seeds.  http://www.superseeds.com
You can order smaller seed packets from them to try different things and
the seed packets are about half the price of the larger ones.  They also
have some interesting possibly period seeds.  They have the edible gourd
seeds.  They are in the italian vegetable seed section and here's the blurb:

IT66. CUCUZZI (55 days)

Italian edible gourd. You can tell that these are truly gourds from the
leaf shape and the
white flowers, but when harvested young, the uses are identical to
zucchini. The flavor is
stronger, however--difficult to describe. Vines are long and spreading. As
with the zucchetta
tromboncino, if you don't harvest them young, these will grow to a
remarkable length, close to
4 feet. 20 seeds .55

	Angeline