SC - accommodating at feasts

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri May 7 14:51:11 PDT 1999

If much of the feast is stuff I can not eat I have two options,
>1) pay for a feast I can not eat so that I may sit with friends, (and
>clutter the already small and crowded table with my personal food)  or 2)
>do my own off board thing and sit segregated

3) regard off board seating as an opportunity to make more friends.
(being still rather new, I have a sore spot against people who really only
want to spend the day with a small circle of friends--every one of these
people will tell you how welcoming they are to newcomers, and then fill
their table of 8 up and leave newbies standing around like the rejected kids
in school, hoping they can claim the last seat as some table, some where.
hey, if you can whine about eating at the children's table, I can whine
about this!)

4) gather your friends and organize an elegant off-board feast, sit together
and enjoy it.  I would think they would be willing to do this with you at
least sometimes.  If not, why would you want to pay to sit with them the
rest of the time?

Bonne de Traquair