SC - Blanc Desire Again

Gryphon's Moon margritt at mindspring.com
Fri May 7 17:25:27 PDT 1999

I've really enjoyed reading the responses to my first post regarding the
recipes I found for Blanc Desire. The information regarding the possible
origins of the name have been enlightening.

However, many of my other questions have not yet been addressed.

- - Has anyone made this dish before, or have ideas about what the
proportions should be?

- - Has anyone run across similar recipes from other sources (all of mine
came from Curye on Inglysch)?

- - How sweet should the end product be? I was intrigued by the recent
discussion which suggested that dishes with sugar in them were not
necessarily meant to be sweet, and since this is a meat dish, I thought
that might be what was meant here. However, several of the recipes specify
that "a god perty" of sugar should be used, and that makes it sound like it
should be quite sweet. Any ideas?

Thank you again to all the Cooks of the Known World who are so willing to
share their time and knowledge. It is greatly appreciated.

- -Margritte