SC - accomodating vegetarians

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri May 7 17:34:57 PDT 1999

Vicki Strassburg Eldredge wrote:

> > re: accomodating allergies and vegetarianism at feasts
> >
> > funny how this topic comes around every so often, like clockwork, eh?
> > nothing new under the sun...:)
>
> This is so cool! I have been part of the list long enough for a subject to go
> full circle. So does that mean I'm not a newbie anymore?  :-)
>
> ~Maedb

Yes. I know there's some kind of vague corrollary at work here. There
used to be a type of Roman Games (as in gladiators, etc.) that were
celebrated once and only once in the lifetime of the participants and
attendees. There was a formula for inviting the public to "such games
they would never see again", and by law they weren't held again until it
was estimated that everyone even remotely connected with the previous
set had died.

Pretty cool. But I digress...

I'd been meaning to ask this: I've been on this list, I estimate, since
its second or third hour of existence. Is there anyone else that can
identify, with reasonable certainty, the first, actual food-related
thread discussed on the SCA-Cooks' Mailing List? If so, what was the topic?

Yezzzz, I rrrreeeemem-bare eeet wellllll.....

Anybody else?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy