SC - accommodating at feasts

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Tue May 11 09:24:39 PDT 1999

Ras said...
<snip>
>If you are a food bore, then you will just have
>to read the ingredients lists and not bother me with silly questions
in the
>kitchen.
>
>And , yes, it may be a persons right to be  finnicky but it is also
my right
>to feel a mixture of extreme pity and some contempt toward such a
person. As
>wellas, much sadness that they will go through a life of deprivation.

Ras, if this makes you arrogant and a Prima Don/na then so be it. I
heartily agree with your sentiments and do not usually cater to food
sensitive/allergy or "food bores" when doing a large feast. It is
impossible to cater to everyone's cravings, allergies or ick meter and
we have to draw the line somewhere. My line is prolly right up there
with Ras'.

However...when doing smaller venues I tend to listen to the people who
I'm cooking for. This is a courtesy to MY friends as I will pick and
choose who I cook for in these smaller venues.

Micaylah
- -stanch carnivore-